A number of people enjoy checking in with apps like Foursquare and Gowalla but after you’ve been riding high at the top of the leader board for a couple of weeks it gets boring pretty quickly.
Foursquare has specials if you are the mayor of nominated places but these have never been useful or relevant. The only one I could possibly imagine using is Domino’s but it takes time to earn the mayorship.
I recently came across Quidco when my father in law purchased an iPhone and we earned £109 for buying through Quidco. Quidco have now released an iPhone app but the interesting part is that they make payments for checking in to different stores. This puts a whole new perspective on the foursquare system … why would you check in for free when you could be earning money?
They are only small payments but they will build up quickly. Examples of check in payments include
- check in to Debenhams = £0.25
- check in to GAP = £0.25
- check in to Halfords = £0.20
- check in to New Look = £0.10
- check in to the Cutting Room (a small hairdresser near me) = £0.25
Of course you can also earn payments for buying things online – e.g.
- earn £150 cashback for signing up to Virgin Media
- earn £85 for getting Sky+ HD
- get 7% cashback for buying online at Boots